|Molar Mass||430.373 g/mol|
|Melting Point||120 Degree C|
Calcium Gluconate is extensively used in the treatment of Calcium deficiency, both for oral and parenteral administration. It is also used as an oral antidote for fluorine and onalic acid poisoning and as a substitute for fruit acids in the manufacture of fruit jellies and baking powders and in the preparation of homogeneous pastes like dentifrices and metal polishes; ferrous gluconate which can be readily made from Calcium Gluconate uissed in the treatment iron deficiency and in tonic compositions. Aluminium Gluconate has potential use as a tanning agent.Usage:
- Loaf breads : not more than 1.75%
- Other food items : not more than 1%
- However, the food for special purpose and health supplement food are not limited by this directions.
- Helpful to the bone formation and maintenance of normal excitability of nerve and muscle, to be used in calcium supplement for calcium deficiency of children, pregnant women, nursing mothers and the aged. The product is and effective and non-toxic calcium-supply nutrition
Calcium Gluconate is the calcium salt of gluconic acid, an oxidation product of glucose, and contains 9.3% calcium, which is about one-third of the calcium in strength of calcium chloride USP. Since it is soluble to the extent of only one part in 30 parts of cold water, the 10% solution is supersaturated and is stabilized by the addition of calcium saccharate tetrahydrate 0.46% w/v (which supplies calcium 6.2%). Each mL contains 98 mg of calcium gluconatemonohydrate, 4.6 mg of calcium saccharate tetrahydrate, and Water for Injection USP, q.s. Each mL provides 9.3 mg (0.465 milliequivalents) of calcium.Summary of the products:
- Calcium gluconate, is briefly called Calcium Glucanate, which is widely used in pharmaceutical, food and feed, it wont change the original taste of food. It can keep the activity of VC with the function of replenishing calcium (easy to be absorbed).
- The quality of Calcium Gluconate is in conformity with the with the whole requirements of CP/USP/FCC.
- Calcium Gluconate directly-comperssion granule is processed with Calcium Gluconate
It is mainly used in medicine, food. It can be used in pressing oral and chewing tablets directly and can be used for pressing the complex vitamin and complex tablets of vitamin and mineral substance.Calcium gluconate is used to treat conditions arising from calcium deficiencies such as hypocalcemic tetany, hypocalcemia related to hypoparathyrodism and hypocalcemia due to rapid growth or pregnancy. It is also used in the treatment of black widow spider bites to relieve muscle cramping and as an adjunct in the treatment of rickets, osteomalacia, lead colic and magnesium sulfate overdosage. Calcium gluconate has also been employed to decrease capillary permeability in allergic conditions, nonthrombocytopenic purpura and exudative dermatoses such as dermatitis herpetiformis and for pruritus of eruptions caused by certain drugs. In hyperkalemia, calcium gluconate may aid in antagonizing the cardiac toxicity provided the patient is not receiving digitalis therapy.Calcium Gluconate should be administered intravenously either directly or by infusion. The dose is dependent upon the individual requirements of the patient. Calcium Gluconate may also be administered by intermittent infusion at a rate not exceeding 200 mg/min, or by continuous infusion.